* 2/3 cup old fashioned oats (not quick oats, but those would work just as well if that was all you had on hand)
* 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 2 Tablespoons wheat germ
* 2 Tablespoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 cups buttermilk (take 1 TBSP vinegar or lime juice to each cup of milk - sit for 10 minutes - instant buttermilk. In this case, put 1 TBSP and 1 1/2 tsp)
* 1/4 cup applesauce
* 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
* 2 bananas, diced
- In a bowl, combine the oats, flours, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, vanilla, buttermilk and applesauce.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and combine well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and diced bananas.
- Pour batter onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Flip when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is browned.
- Keep warm and enjoy!